litejesd204b by enjoy-digital
__ _ __ _____________ ___ ___ ____ ___ / / (_) /____ __ / / __/ __/ _ \|_ |/ _ \/ / // _ ) / /__/ / __/ -_) // / _/_\ \/ // / __// // /_ _/ _ | /____/_/\__/\__/\___/___/___/____/____/\___/ /_//____/ Copyright 2016-2020 / EnjoyDigital Copyright 2016-2018 / M-Labs Ltd A small footprint and configurable JESD204B core powered by Migen & LiteX
LiteJESD204B provides a small footprint and configurable JESD204B core.
LiteJESD204B is part of LiteX libraries whose aims are to lower entry level of complex FPGA cores by providing simple, elegant and efficient implementations of components used in today's SoC such as Ethernet, SATA, PCIe, SDRAM Controller...
Using Migen to describe the HDL allows the core to be highly and easily configurable.
LiteJESD204B can be used as LiteX library or can be integrated with your standard design flow by generating the verilog rtl that you will use as a standard core.
- PRBS7/PRBS15/PRBS31 to check link integrity.
- 8B/10B encoding
- 32 bits interface
- Artix7 support
- Kintex7 support (CPLL up to 5Gbps, QPLL for higher linerates)
- Kintex Ultrascale support (CPLL up to 6.25Gbps, QPLL for higher linerates)
- Scrambling to reduce EMI
- Special characters insertion
- CGS/ILAS Transport:
- converters <--> lanes mapping
[> FPGA Proven
LiteJESD204B is already used in commercial and open-source designs:
- ARTIQ: http://m-labs.hk/artiq/index.html
- and others commercial designs...
[> Possible improvements
- add support for non scrambled mode
- add support for Altera PHYs
- add support for Lattice PHYs
- ... See below Support and consulting :)
If you want to support these features, please contact us at florent [AT] enjoy-digital.fr.
[> Getting started
- Install Python 3.6+ and FPGA vendor's development tools.
- Install LiteX and the cores by following the LiteX's wiki installation guide.
- You can find examples of integration of the core with LiteX in LiteX-Boards and in the examples directory.
Unit tests are available in ./test/. To run all the unit tests:
$ ./setup.py test
Tests can also be run individually:
$ python3 -m unittest test.test_name
LiteJESD204B is released under the very permissive two-clause BSD license. Under the terms of this license, you are authorized to use LiteJESD204B for closed-source proprietary designs. Even though we do not require you to do so, those things are awesome, so please do them if possible:
- tell us that you are using LiteJESD204B
- cite LiteJESD204B in publications related to research it has helped
- send us feedback and suggestions for improvements
- send us bug reports when something goes wrong
- send us the modifications and improvements you have done to LiteJESD204B.
[> Support and consulting
We love open-source hardware and like sharing our designs with others.
LiteJESD204B is developed and maintained by EnjoyDigital.
If you would like to know more about LiteJESD204B or if you are already a happy user and would like to extend it for your needs, EnjoyDigital can provide standard commercial support as well as consulting services.
So feel free to contact us, we'd love to work with you! (and eventually shorten the list of the possible improvements :)
E-mail: florent [AT] enjoy-digital.fr
Unless otherwise noted, LiteJESD204B is Copyright 2017-2019 / EnjoyDigital Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. Other authors retain ownership of their contributions. If a submission can reasonably be considered independently copyrightable, it's yours and we encourage you to claim it with appropriate copyright notices. This submission then falls under the "otherwise noted" category. All submissions are strongly encouraged to use the two-clause BSD license reproduced above.