HDMI2USB by timvideos
LiteX Build Environment
The LiteX Build Environment is a tool for easily developing LiteX based systems. It was originally designed to make the TimVideos' HDMI2USB easy to develop, but has now expanded to support multiple projects.
Projects using LiteX Build Environment:
- HDMI2USB - The HDMI2USB project develops affordable hardware options to record and stream HD videos (from HDMI & DisplayPort sources) for conferences, meetings and user groups.
- FuPy - The aim of the FuPy project is to make MicroPython run on FPGAs using the LiteX & Migen+MiSoC technologies. This allows you to do full stack development (FPGA gateware & soft CPU firmware) in Python!
- Gateware - The FPGA configuration.
- Soft CPU - A CPU running inside the FPGA.
- Firmware - The software running on the
soft CPUinside the FPGA.
The LiteX Build Environment supports a large number of FPGA boards, but not all boards can be used for all projects.
- HDMI2USB - The firmware currently used for the HDMI2USB project.
- Bare Metal - Your own firmware running directly on the soft CPU in the FPGA.
- Zephyr - Support for Zephyr RTOS.
- Linux - Support for Linux.
The Gateware is the configuration which generates our FPGA bitstream. It
is generally defined by a
platform and a
target. You can find details
for these under the
target directories in this project.
Platform- Represents the FPGA platform/devboard for which we will build the bitstream. (i.e.
Target- There are multiple targets for each platform, this represents an SoC configuration for our target application. (i.e.
The environment is the shell setup and software packages provided by
which allow for litex based FPGA development. It provides development, build
and troubleshooting capabilities.
To bootstrap or update your environment one generally does:
# Install system wide dependencies; # * wget # * bash # * make # * udev rules from https://github.com/litex-hub/litex-buildenv-udev # # On Debian you can use the ./scripts/debian-setup.sh script. # Download/update the litex specific packages (python, verilator, submodules etc) ./scripts/download-env.sh # Enter the Dev/Debug/Build environment export PLATFORM=arty TARGET=net CPU=or1k source ./scripts/enter-env.sh
FIXME: Put stuff here.
FIXME: Put stuff here.
Code under the third_party directory comes from external sources and is available in their own licenses.
- irc://irc.freenode.net/#timvideos [Web Interface]
Copyright 2017 The Authors. All rights reserved. Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met: 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer. 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.